Mayo Clinic physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations and referrals may be arranged by contacting the Referring Physician Service. The office is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To refer a patient:
Call 480-342-2270 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain time, Monday through Friday. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 866-629-6362 (toll-free).
Call 904-956-3212 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 800-634-1417 (toll-free).
Call 866-827-8810 (toll-free) from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
In case of emergency or urgent transfers, contact Mayo Clinic Hospital, Saint Marys Campus, at 507-255-2910, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Mayo Clinic cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons are happy to discuss possible referrals with doctors and staff outside of Mayo Clinic.
Cardiovascular Update is a quarterly publication with brief educational reports of cardiology and cardiovascular surgery at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.
Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery Staff and Services Directory
Mayo Clinic Heart Care
Medical Professionals Videos
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
Oct. 15, 2019
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014-15. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Aug. 21, 2018.
- Tordsen BW. Surgical Information Recording System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 27, 2015.
- Find award-winning hospitals near you. American Heart Association. http://hospitalmaps.heart.org/AHAMAP/map/qimap.jsp. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center becomes first accredited pediatric heart failure institute in Minnesota and fourth in the nation. PressReleaseHeadlines.com. http://pressreleaseheadlines.com/mayo-clinic-childrens-center-accredited-pediatric-heart-failure-institute-minnesota-fourth-nation-174647. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. https://www.elso.org/AwardofExcellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Best Internal Medicine Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/internal-medicine-rankings. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Internal Medicine Programs. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Innovative management strategy for a fetus with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Clinical Updates. https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-professionals/clinical-updates/cardiovascular/innovative-management-strategy-for-a-fetus-with-hypoplastic-left-heart-syndrome-and-intact-atrial-septum. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Accessed Sept. 4, 2018.