Mayo Clinic cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons study how to improve diagnosis and treatment of people with diseases of the heart, aorta and other blood vessels (cardiovascular diseases).
Mayo Clinic's research program includes laboratory and clinical research in cardiovascular disease and clinical trials of treatments and devices. In clinical research, Mayo Clinic doctors study experiences of people who have had heart treatments to identify how to improve the treatments. You may have an opportunity to enroll in one of the clinic's many heart-related clinical trials.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Oct. 15, 2019
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014-15. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Aug. 21, 2018.
- Tordsen BW. Surgical Information Recording System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 27, 2015.
- Find award-winning hospitals near you. American Heart Association. http://hospitalmaps.heart.org/AHAMAP/map/qimap.jsp. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center becomes first accredited pediatric heart failure institute in Minnesota and fourth in the nation. PressReleaseHeadlines.com. http://pressreleaseheadlines.com/mayo-clinic-childrens-center-accredited-pediatric-heart-failure-institute-minnesota-fourth-nation-174647. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. https://www.elso.org/AwardofExcellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed July 31, 2018.
- Best Internal Medicine Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/internal-medicine-rankings. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Internal Medicine Programs. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Innovative management strategy for a fetus with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Clinical Updates. https://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-professionals/clinical-updates/cardiovascular/innovative-management-strategy-for-a-fetus-with-hypoplastic-left-heart-syndrome-and-intact-atrial-septum. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Accessed Sept. 4, 2018.