Pulmonary valve disease care at Mayo Clinic
Your Mayo Clinic care team
Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart conditions (cardiologists), doctors trained in treating children with heart conditions (pediatric cardiologists), heart surgeons (cardiovascular surgeons) and other doctors in a wide array of specialties work as a multidisciplinary team to provide coordinated, comprehensive care. This collaborative approach means doctors can often evaluate you and develop a treatment plan within two or three days.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
At Mayo Clinic, an experienced team of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and others work together to diagnose and treat pulmonary valve disease.
Doctors at Mayo Clinic provide care for you as a whole person. Doctors take the time to get to know you and work with you to provide exactly the care you need.
Mayo cardiologists consider your pulmonary valve disease, its severity, your symptoms and your input when they create a customized treatment plan for you. Treatment may include monitoring, cardiac catheterization to repair the pulmonary valve, or surgery to repair or replace the pulmonary valve. Cardiac surgeons at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience in heart valve surgery.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiologists) and heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgeons) have experience and expertise diagnosing and treating people with pulmonary valve disease and other types of heart valve disease. Doctors trained in treating children with heart disease (pediatric cardiologists) have experience treating children with pulmonary valve disease and other heart diseases at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota.
Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 5,000 people with pulmonary valve disease each year.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo doctors in the Valvular Heart Disease Clinic have extensive experience and expertise treating pulmonary valve disease and other heart valve diseases.
- Surgical experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience treating pulmonary valve disease and other types of heart valve disease with several types of heart valve surgery. Doctors may use minimally invasive heart surgery to treat some types of heart valve disease.
- Research. Doctors at Mayo Clinic study new diagnostic tests and treatment options for pulmonary valve disease and other heart valve diseases and conduct clinical trials. Mayo researchers study less invasive methods of treating pulmonary valve disease, such as using catheter procedures to implant pulmonary valves.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart care and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Nov. 01, 2018