Florida price transparency
Mayo Clinic complies with Florida price transparency requirements. The information below provides information and links defined by these requirements.
The Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) has developed websites prospective patients can use to learn more about quality and costs for health care in Florida. These websites include Florida Health Finder and Florida Health Price Finder. The AHCA price finder website is based on payment information for the entire state of Florida and does not provide a personalized estimate of charges. A more personalized estimate can be obtained by using Mayo Clinic's Cost Estimator or calling 904-953-7058. The following information is required before using these options:
- Description of services — you will need to provide a description of the medical service you are seeking or the CPT procedure code, which can be obtained from your attending or referring physician
- Name of your insurance
- Type of insurance, for example, PPO, HMO, POS, Medicare, Medicaid, self-pay
Below are links to quality and safety information reported by a variety of organizations related to Mayo Clinic's campus in Jacksonville, Florida, including Mayo Clinic Hospital, Mayo Clinic Ambulatory Surgery Center for GI and the Mayo Clinic outpatient practice.
Patient medical records
Records are available in an electronic format within each patient's Patient Online Services account. You may access your individual account at: www.mayoclinic.org/onlineservices. Paper records are also available upon request. Please see the following link for more information: https://www.mayoclinic.org/patient-visitor-guide/florida/becoming-a-patient/medical-records
You may receive services in a clinic, hospital outpatient or hospital inpatient setting during your stay. The following link outlines the billing and insurance processes for each: https://www.mayoclinic.org/patient-visitor-guide/billing-insurance/bills-payments/billing-process
Contracted insurance plans
Insurance benefits can change from provider to provider. As a patient, you should contact your insurance carrier to confirm your specific benefits at Mayo Clinic. The following link includes a list of contracted plans at Mayo Clinic's Florida campus: https://www.mayoclinic.org/patient-visitor-guide/billing-insurance/insurance/accepted-insurance/contracted-health-plans
You will receive a monthly statement of account that shows charges, adjustments and payments.
You may access your statements online by using Mayo Clinic Patient Online Services.
- In compliance with Florida price transparency requirements, itemization includes descriptions of each service provided. Itemized statements also include the brand name or generic drug names when provided. In addition physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are identified by date, type, and length of treatment in 15 minute increments.
Upon request, if additional detail is available Mayo Clinic will provide a more detailed statement to you within 7 business days after the request, or 7 business days after discharge or release, whichever is later. To request this more detailed statement, you may call Patient Account Services toll free at 844-217-9591 Monday through Friday.
- Arizona 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Mountain time
- Florida 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time
- Minnesota 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central time