Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Sept. 10, 2019
- Roberts WN. Intraarticular and soft tissue injections: What agent(s) to inject and how frequently? https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed July 20, 2019.
- Roberts WN, et al. Joint aspiration or injection in adults: Complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed July 20, 2019.
- AskMayoExpert. Corticosteroid injections (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2019.
- Use of corticosteroids in osteoarthritis. Arthritis Foundation. https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/medication/drug-types/corticosteroids/corticosteroid-injections.php. Accessed July 20, 2019.
- Joint injections (joint aspirations). American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Treatments/Joint-Injection-Aspiration. Accessed July 20, 2019.
- Sports tip: Cortisone injections. The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. https://www.stopsportsinjuries.org/STOP/Prevent_Injuries/Other_Injury_Topics.aspx. Accessed July 20, 2019.
- Firestein GS, et al., eds. Glucocorticoid therapy. In: Kelley and Firestein's Textbook of Rheumatology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 20, 2019.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Joint injections. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.